The Panorama Route is a scenic road in South Africa connecting several cultural and natural points of interest. The route, steeped in the history of South Africa, is in Mpumalanga province, centered around the Blyde River Canyon, the world’s third largest canyon.
- This tour begins in Hazyview, and we travel via the spectacular scenery of Kowyns Pass to Graskop and the southernmost point of the Blyde River Canyon.
- Our first stop is the Graskop Gorge Lift Co, where guests travel down the 51m high glass fronted elevator to the bottom of the gorge for an interpretative tour through the pristine indigenous forest along the wooden walkways and suspension bridges with interactive exhibits.
- After freshening up, we drive along the edge of the escarpment which plunges down 1000m and more to the Lowveld, making for magnificent viewpoints including God’s window, the Pinnacle and Wonderview. Numerous waterfalls tumble down the mountains, and we visit the beautiful Lisbon Falls. At the northern part of the Blyde River canyon, the third largest and only green canyon in the world, the impressive panoramic views at Three Rondavels and Lowveld view will impress you.
- We stop to admire the geological wonders of the water sculpted pits at Bourke’s Luck Potholes at the confluence of the Treur and the Blyde River.
- This guided full day tour is fun for the whole family and the views are unforgettable.
Need to Know
- Pickup at Perry’s Bridge central pickup point
- Duration is full day between 8am to 5pm
- Included is Graskop Gorge Lift and all other entry fees
- Lunch and drinks for your own account